|This article is about the song by Timbaland. You may be looking for the song by Bebe Rexha with a similar name.|
Appearance of the Dancers
The routine is performed by a man and a woman. They both have glowing outlines that change colors throughout the song.
P1 has black well-combed short hair. He wears a violet buttoned undershirt with yellow stripes, in which many of the buttons are loose to expose his chest. Over his shirt is a shiny sky blue open jacket with golden zippers on the chest. He also wears a pair of black jeans, with a prominent rip in the the lower portions of his left thigh and black shoes. He also wears a pair of black aviator sunglasses, a black belt with golden buckles and strings of yellow fabric that is tied in the front part of his belt.
P2 has magenta purple bobbed hair, which exposes her forehead. She wears a stylish crop top, which consists of a tight black corset-like leather segment that covers her chest with buttons and puffy purple sleeves and collar, with cuffs reaching below her elbows. She also wears a black leather short skirt with a small cut in the right side to reveal some skin, as well as violet knee-length block heel boots. She also wears a pair of black cat-eye sunglasses, a pair of golden earrings, a black choker with a golden buckle, a thin golden necklace and two black belts with golden circular stubs in her skirt, which has a thin golden chain attacked to it and looped in the left side.
The routine takes place in various club-inspired locations with silhouettes scattered throughout. The background generally switches every 32 beats.
The first background shows a bar with glass panes above and behind it. There are industrial fans on the walls and two neon signs - one of a hand holding a rose with hearts surrounding it, and one of a man's face (probably based on P1's) being stroked by a hand. A light fixture with pink neon rods in it hangs from the ceiling. The walls are brick, and a staircase can be seen. There are some items of furniture, like barstools, a potted plant, and a low table. The lighting is pink and blue.
The second background shows another bar with small lamps on it. Behind the bar is an industrial furnace has a neon sign on it that says "ROCK" and shows a hand and flames. The back wall is made of brick, and piping can be seen coming out of it. There are also small rooms on either side of the bar surrounded by chain-link fence. The lighting is orange and blue.
The third background has a long, curved red couch with some tables in front of it. There is a potted plant in the foreground. There are three neon signs showing fanned-out cards and two lamps hanging from the ceiling in the background. Support beams can be seen, and there is glass with metal framing in the background. A brick wall can be seen behind the set. The lighting is orange, teal, and blue.
The fourth background takes place in a structure made of chain-link fencing and metal-framed glass in the ceiling. A brick building serves as the back wall, and it can occasionally be seen through the ceiling (but the back wall inside the structure is almost impossible to see). Pipes can be seen coming out of the left and right walls. Birdcages hang from the ceiling. The birdcages contain neon lettering that lights up with the beat saying phrases like "Enjoy Every Moment" and "NOW OR NEVER" in various fonts. The lighting is blue and pink.
The first background is used during the intro and D.O.E.'s verse, the second background is used during Timbaland's verses, the third background is used during the bridge, and the fourth background is used during the chorus. During the outro, the third and fourth backgrounds are used, but the lighting is now primarily orange and gold in the third background and pink and gold in the fourth background.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1:
- P1: Quickly open your arms up and then put them in front of your lower abdomen while leaning to the left.
- P2: Quickly move your right hand up and rest your right elbow with your left hand as you bend your right hand near to your face.
Gold Move 2: With your body slightly to the left, punch both hands down while lifting your left leg.
The Way I Are is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance Now
- Dancin' With Your BFF!
- Hip to the Hop!
- The Way I Are is the second song by Timbaland in the series.
- The Way I Are is the first song from the 2000s to be released as a Just Dance Unlimited exclusive.
- It is also the fourth pre-2010s Just Dance Unlimited exclusive, after Sun, There Is Nothing Better In The World (Ничего на свете лучше нету), and Dancing Queen.
- Although Sebastian, one of the artists in the extended version of the song, is credited in the game, the game uses the album version of the song, where his verse is not present.
- This is the second time this has happened, the first being Tinashe being credited for the solo version of Slumber Party.
- In the US release trailer, the thumbnail erroneously refers to the song as The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody).
- On the Nintendo Switch, the early version of the map was used, where P1’s jacket is dark red instead of sky blue, but the pictograms were still sky blue.
- This issue was fixed approximately an hour after the release of the song.
- The background silhouettes are recycled from I Don’t Care.
- A placeholder menu banner can be found in the Just Dance Unlimited servers.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|