FANDOM


  • Over the past 24 hours, I have counted almost 10 people adding "Deceased Artists" to the 3 Avicii pages, and at least one person adding it to the George Michael pages.

    Do you guys genuinely think that someone wouldn't already have added the category to the articles before you? Like, how naive would you have to be to think that, honestly? And this comes after I protected all 3 pages with the intention of preventing such edits.

    Seriously, I tolerate good-faith edits, but here's where I'm going to draw the line: If I see anyone add this category to anymore individual articles, with the exception of articles for artists who have only had one song in the game, I will be issuing warnings. Having to clear up these edits is honestly not a way that the admins should be repeatedly spending their time.

    Obviously, not everyone might have been familiar with this standard. Great. Hope this clears everything out. There should be no excuses after this.

      Loading editor
    • snapped

        Loading editor
    • Preach.

        Loading editor
    • we-

        Loading editor
    • Doesn’t George Michael only have one song though? WMUBYGG and LC are both by Wham!, so is Songs by George Michael on the Songs by Wham! category?

        Loading editor
    • idk but that's not the point, and also I remember it wasn't on Careless Whisper (which would be fine).

        Loading editor
    • Ten people? Jeez...

        Loading editor
    • and counting, apparently. Literally just one more person became a statistic.

        Loading editor
    • Ooooof.

        Loading editor
    • Ugh! I hate this. I might not do that again

        Loading editor
    • Gao15melanie wrote:
      Ugh! I hate this. I might not do that again

      wtf do you mean by 'might'

        Loading editor
    • Master Hydraffe wrote:
      Gao15melanie wrote:
      Ugh! I hate this. I might not do that again
      wtf do you mean by 'might'

      past of may. I don't want that to happen but I'll have to stay away from this

        Loading editor
    • Gao15melanie wrote: Ugh! I hate this. I might not do that again

      If you do do (*snickers*) that again I’ll come by with a Britney Spears joke and a warning.

      In all seriousness, though, you didn’t know. You were one of, if not the, first person to add the category. I literally found out about Avicii’s death when you added that category. That’s why we didn’t warn you because it was a good faith edit. However, 10 people later, we have escalated to warning status because people don’t seem to notice the consecutive “these go on the artist categories” edit summaries.

        Loading editor
    • CAMERAwMUSTACHE wrote:

      Gao15melanie wrote: Ugh! I hate this. I might not do that again

      If you do do (*snickers*) that again I’ll come by with a Britney Spears joke and a warning.

      In all seriousness, though, you didn’t know. You were one of, if not the, first person to add the category. I literally found out about Avicii’s death when you added that category. That’s why we didn’t warn you because it was a good faith edit. However, 10 people later, we have escalated to warning status because people don’t seem to notice the consecutive “these go on the artist categories” edit summaries.

      Yes CwM, but I'm very sorry I shouldn't do that again, however, you may be right btw

        Loading editor
    • CAMERAwMUSTACHE wrote:

      Gao15melanie wrote: Ugh! I hate this. I might not do that again

      If you do do (*snickers*) that again I’ll come by with a Britney Spears joke and a warning.

      In all seriousness, though, you didn’t know. You were one of, if not the, first person to add the category. I literally found out about Avicii’s death when you added that category.

      This much is true. It is also true that she was the one who added the category to the Hot Stuff article (maybe that was the article that I thought was the Wham! article).

        Loading editor
    • Gao15melanie wrote:
      Master Hydraffe wrote:
      Gao15melanie wrote:
      Ugh! I hate this. I might not do that again
      wtf do you mean by 'might'
      past of may.

      I know my modal verbs. I also know that "may" implies that there is a possibility you will consider re-erring.

        Loading editor
    • Master Hydraffe wrote:
      CAMERAwMUSTACHE wrote:

      Gao15melanie wrote: Ugh! I hate this. I might not do that again

      If you do do (*snickers*) that again I’ll come by with a Britney Spears joke and a warning.

      In all seriousness, though, you didn’t know. You were one of, if not the, first person to add the category. I literally found out about Avicii’s death when you added that category.

      This much is true. It is also true that she was the one who added the category to the Hot Stuff article (maybe that was the article that I thought was the Wham! article).

      Okay I understand.

        Loading editor
    • Master Hydraffe wrote:
      Gao15melanie wrote:
      Master Hydraffe wrote:
      Gao15melanie wrote:
      Ugh! I hate this. I might not do that again
      wtf do you mean by 'might'
      past of may.
      I know my modal verbs. I also know that "may" implies that there is a possibility you will consider re-erring.

      Right I just looked in a google. Again I'm sorry if I'm making an argument

        Loading editor
    • JustDanceTynkerMatty
      JustDanceTynkerMatty removed this reply because:
      Putting this in a quote comment
      16:03, April 22, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Master Hydraffe wrote: Over the past 24 hours, I have counted almost 10 people adding "Deceased Artists" to the 3 Avicii pages, and at least one person adding it to the George Michael pages.

      Do you guys genuinely think that someone wouldn't already have added the category to the articles before you? Like, how naive would you have to be to think that, honestly? And this comes after I protected all 3 pages with the intention of preventing such edits.

      Seriously, I tolerate good-faith edits, but here's where I'm going to draw the line: If I see anyone add this category to anymore individual articles, with the exception of articles for artists who have only had one song in the game, I will be issuing warnings. Having to clear up these edits is honestly not a way that the admins should be repeatedly spending their time.

      Obviously, not everyone might have been familiar with this standard. Great. Hope this clears everything out. There should be no excuses after this.

      Master Hydraffe, Avicii died on April 20 2018.

      If you want some proof click here.

        Loading editor
    • JustDanceTynkerMatty wrote:

      Master Hydraffe wrote: Over the past 24 hours, I have counted almost 10 people adding "Deceased Artists" to the 3 Avicii pages, and at least one person adding it to the George Michael pages.

      Do you guys genuinely think that someone wouldn't already have added the category to the articles before you? Like, how naive would you have to be to think that, honestly? And this comes after I protected all 3 pages with the intention of preventing such edits.

      Seriously, I tolerate good-faith edits, but here's where I'm going to draw the line: If I see anyone add this category to anymore individual articles, with the exception of articles for artists who have only had one song in the game, I will be issuing warnings. Having to clear up these edits is honestly not a way that the admins should be repeatedly spending their time.

      Obviously, not everyone might have been familiar with this standard. Great. Hope this clears everything out. There should be no excuses after this.

      Master Hydraffe, Avicii died on April 20 2018.

      If you want some proof click here.

      You missed the point.

        Loading editor
    • The fact that people are using Avicii's death to get badges and points disgusts me.

      It really aint cute.

        Loading editor
    • BenDeLaChrist wrote:

      JustDanceTynkerMatty wrote:

      Master Hydraffe wrote: Over the past 24 hours, I have counted almost 10 people adding "Deceased Artists" to the 3 Avicii pages, and at least one person adding it to the George Michael pages.

      Do you guys genuinely think that someone wouldn't already have added the category to the articles before you? Like, how naive would you have to be to think that, honestly? And this comes after I protected all 3 pages with the intention of preventing such edits.

      Seriously, I tolerate good-faith edits, but here's where I'm going to draw the line: If I see anyone add this category to anymore individual articles, with the exception of articles for artists who have only had one song in the game, I will be issuing warnings. Having to clear up these edits is honestly not a way that the admins should be repeatedly spending their time.

      Obviously, not everyone might have been familiar with this standard. Great. Hope this clears everything out. There should be no excuses after this.

      Master Hydraffe, Avicii died on April 20 2018.

      If you want some proof click here.

      You missed the point.

      Agreed. The actual point is that TOO MANY PROPLE are adding the category to the articles. Not that Avicii’s death is CAUSING people to add the category.

        Loading editor
    • Pearl Louise wrote:
      The fact that people are using Avicii's death to get badges and points disgusts me.

      It really aint cute.

      Really? I think it's just so adorable! 

      Said no one.

        Loading editor
    • Yes

        Loading editor
    • Meow2BowWow wrote:

      BenDeLaChrist wrote:

      JustDanceTynkerMatty wrote:

      Master Hydraffe wrote: Over the past 24 hours, I have counted almost 10 people adding "Deceased Artists" to the 3 Avicii pages, and at least one person adding it to the George Michael pages.

      Do you guys genuinely think that someone wouldn't already have added the category to the articles before you? Like, how naive would you have to be to think that, honestly? And this comes after I protected all 3 pages with the intention of preventing such edits.

      Seriously, I tolerate good-faith edits, but here's where I'm going to draw the line: If I see anyone add this category to anymore individual articles, with the exception of articles for artists who have only had one song in the game, I will be issuing warnings. Having to clear up these edits is honestly not a way that the admins should be repeatedly spending their time.

      Obviously, not everyone might have been familiar with this standard. Great. Hope this clears everything out. There should be no excuses after this.

      Master Hydraffe, Avicii died on April 20 2018.

      If you want some proof click here.

      You missed the point.
      Agreed. The actual point is that TOO MANY PROPLE are adding the category to the articles. Not that Avicii’s death is CAUSING people to add the category.

      Yeah.

        Loading editor
    • Super

        Loading editor
    • do we really need this category?

        Loading editor
    • JDLOVER2957 wrote:
      do we really need this category?

      You can put it only in subcategory of Songs by any artist, like Avicii, Queen, MJ, Boney M, Earth Wind and Fire, Jackson 5, Donna Summer, Wham!, and Elvis Presley. Don't forget Sugarhill Gang as well and B-52

        Loading editor
    • Since this has strayed away from the point and there are still people adding the category:

      • The deceased artists category only goes on the “Songs by [artist]” categories, and does not go on individual articles.
        • The only time the Deceased Artist category can go on a song’s article is if the artist does not have a category.
      • Adding the category to an individual article that does not fall under the exception will result in a warning.

      End of discussion.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.