"Thumbs" by Sabrina Carpenter is featured on Just Dance 2018 via Just Dance Unlimited. Prior to June 30, 2018, it could be played for free on the Wii U, the PlayStation 4, the Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch by linking a Ubisoft Club account to the game.
The track also appears on Just Dance Now.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The female dancer wears a golden flower crown with a braid hanging to the right. She wears a dark maroon bra crop top. She also has a dark blue choker. She wears patterned shorts that match her top. On her left wrist, she has several bracelets. She is wearing a pair of small black boots. During the bridge, her crop top and shorts turn to gold, her skin turns into an ombre of black to crimson, her hair turns maroon, and her flower crown turns peach.
The background is outside a street building, which seems to have pink windows on the top. Spotlights appear there as well, with colors ranging from pink and blue. Miscellaneous objects, like crates, appear on the floor, and on top of these objects are candles that sometimes light up. Sparkles also appear.
In the verse, five tarot cards can be seen with the sun imprint on their back. The cards flip, revealing elements that reference the lyrics (for example, a robber and a bank appear on two cards when "Somewhere in the world you got a robber and a bank" is sung).
After the verse, sketchy clouds can be seen floating in the background with colored still images of figures resembling people. There are a few, where then more figures appear.
After the first verse, colored buildings and clouds appear to resemble a city. Silhouettes of people appear walking. Clocks also appear.
In the pre-chorus, buildings appear again, with silhouettes of people sitting on them. Sketches of stars also appear.
In the chorus, a circle appears representing Earth. It shines as sketches of figurines circle Earth, holding each other's hand. Sketches of stars, the Moon, clouds, and the Sun also appear which rotates around the earth-like planet slowly.
During the bridge, the sun imprint from the cards appear in a reddish background, with rays shooting out and leaf-shaped objects appearing. Cards appear on the edge of the sun, with more appearing as the sun gets brighter and the background blurs.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Put your right arm up, then put down quickly while moving to the right.
Gold Move 3: Bring up both of your hands while kneeling.
Appearances in Playlists
Thumbs is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2018
- Just Dance 2018
Just Dance 2019
- Royally Cool
Just Dance Now
- All Songs S-Z
Just Dance Unlimited
- Unlimited S-Z
- Thumbs is the second song by Sabrina Carpenter in the franchise, after Take On The World (Just Dance: Disney Party 2).
- "Multiply" is censored.
- The code for Thumbs revealing that it was a Ubisoft Club exclusive was found within the files of the Just Dance 2018 demo.
- Thumbs is the second original routine that can be accessed with Ubisoft Club, after Let Me Love You.
- Even though the dancer’s glove is yellow during the bridge, the pictograms have maroon arrows. This happens to help differentiate the arrow color from the pictogram color.
- The avatar has somewhat brighter hair than the coach.
- Thumbs’s audio is slightly earlier than its video, causing it to appear offbeat. This can be seen in the preview for the song, and in gameplays since Just Dance 2018.
- A different version of Thumbs' video file is used for Just Dance Unlimited, where the background has fewer details: for example, the tarot cards in the background do not flash to the beat of the song.
- An upgraded version, however, is used for Just Dance Now, where more details are visible.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|