Appearance of the Dancer
The coach has short blue-black hair covered by a red-orange beret. She wears a navy blue jacket with orange collars over a dark reddish pink long-sleeved shirt, as well as a pair of orange sailor pants with six white buttons, midnight blue socks, and black shoes. At the end of the song, the coach breaks into a flock of birds which are in her clothing colors.
In the remake, her face is no longer visible, and her clothes are very realistic. She also has a light sky blue outline. Her glove is now yellow.
Just Dance 3 (Wii/PS3)
The background takes place up on a gray platform with silver lines that light up following the beat of the song; the wall is light blue, and it portrays power lines, clouds, and two circles: the first one is white and reads "TIGHT ROPE", while the second one is blue-black and reads "FLY AWAY" in white, bold, block letters. When the dancer raises both hands up, the circle expands for a short period of time.
Just Dance 3 (Xbox 360)
In the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance 3, the black shadows on each corner of the screen are almost absent, the scenery is farther away from the screen and the picture on the wall is less zoomed in. The "FLY" in the "Fly Away" decal is now written in lowercase in a cursive font.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Pump up your right arm four times.
Gold Move 2: Make a wave with your right arm raised up.
Tightrope (Solo Version) appears in the following Mashups:
Tightrope appears in the following playlists:
Just Dance 3
- Tightrope is the first song by Janelle Monáe in the series.
- Part of the songs outro was cut in-game.
- The version used in-game is the Solo Version, without Big Boi’s part in the song.
- "1, 2, 3, go!" is misinterpreted as "1, 2, 3, Ho!"
- On Just Dance 3, the a-accent in "Monáe" is missing, so it reads like "Janelle Monae" in-game.
- This is also the case with the .json file for the remake.
- On the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance 3, the "V" for "Version" in the title is accidentally lowercase, thus making it appear as Tightrope (Solo version).
- Two pictograms of the routine reference James Brown in their names, and two other pictograms reference Pulp Fiction.
- In a photo collage showing some pre-release pictures for Just Dance 3, a Beta background for Tightrope can be seen. The background has the blue-black circle reading the words "Only 50¢ per Dance" instead of "Fly Away", and there is a ribbon-like line above the dancer reading "Quick-Dry Formula".
- The coach’s tongue often flashes orange in Just Dance 3.
- In the Xbox 360 version of the coach selection screen, the coach is in a different pose: instead of being in the same pose as in the menu icon, she is standing straight up and she is tipping her hat to the side with her left hand.
- This pose could be seen in a Beta menu square that was found on the Just Dance 3 instruction manual.
- In the Just Dance Now files for I Was Made For Lovin' You, there is an unused pictogram that looks like one of the pictograms from Tightrope (Solo Version).
- In the Just Dance Now pictograms sprite, there is an unfinished pictogram composed of a wavy line.
- In the Just Dance Now remake, the coach’s facial features can be seen for a second while she enters the background, and her glove sometimes turns white.
Official Music Video and Audio
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|