|Remove the bandaids!
This article contains images or videos with watermarks. If possible, please replace them with non-watermarked media.
"U Can’t Touch This" by MC Hammer (covered by Groove Century on Just Dance 3 onwards) is featured on Just Dance, Just Dance Wii, Just Dance 3 (as a downloadable track), Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of, Just Dance Now, Just Dance Unlimited, and 舞力无限.
- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Mashups
- 5 Captions
- 6 Appearances in Playlists
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
- 10 References
- 11 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a man with short red hair. He wears a red vest with four white buttons with a blue long sleeved shirt underneath and pink glasses, which is similar to the one that MC Hammer wore in his music video for the song. He is also wearing dark blue baggy pants and has a red bracelet on his right wrist.
In the remake, he is in a brighter hue and his hair and glasses are more pink now.
The routine takes place in a red brick alley. On the wall, there is a white-colored graffiti that appears to be a scribble. There are also various dark vinyl records that pop in and out in the center of the background throughout the song. The floor is a very dark red.
Just Dance Wii
On Just Dance Wii, the graffiti is now purple and there are pink lights on the floor.
Just Dance 3/Greatest Hits/Best Of
In the Wii versions of Just Dance 3 and Just Dance: Greatest Hits/Best Of, the background is simplified and the graffiti is a couple of random drawings (similar to the original version). There are also pink lights on the bottom of the wall.
In the Xbox 360 versions of Just Dance 3 and Just Dance: Greatest Hits, the bricks are more visible, and a ladder is now on the left side. The graffiti has been changed to read 'Just Dance'. There are also a couple of lights and the records are now spinning, and their center is purple. There are a few differences in each game though. In Just Dance: Greatest Hits, "Can’t Touch This" appears as graffiti in the background while in Just Dance 3, it doesn't appear.
In the remake, the background is less detailed and resembles the original one, but it is in a lighter shade of red.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine from Just Dance Wii onward, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves: Make a stop sign with your right hand in front of you and your left hand by your hips.
U Can’t Touch This appears in the following Mashups:
- Good Feeling
- Jailhouse Rock
- Lights (Pink Hair)
- Love Boat
- What Makes You Beautiful
U Can’t Touch This appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to his dance moves:
- Elbow Switch
- Hammer Time (sometimes appears as Jump and Feel)
- Happy Hour
- Hitch Home
- Hype Stop
- Lean (renamed to Backstroke)
- Pull Hype
U Can’t Touch This is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2019
Just Dance 2020
Just Dance Now
- Starting with the Wii version of Just Dance 3, U Can’t Touch This is covered by Groove Century instead. This makes it the third song by Groove Century in the series.
- The song in its entirety clocks in at a total of four minutes and seventeen seconds, but it has been shortened for the game.
- It is cut off right after when "Stop! Hammer time" is sung a third time.
- In the Italian Amazon page for Just Dance, the title is misspelled as "You can’t touch this".
- “And this is a beat/U can’t touch” is misinterpreted as “And this is a beat/U can’t touch this”.
- This was fixed in the remake.
- In the remake, the line "What’s it going to take in the 90s to burn the charts?" is misinterpreted in the lyrics as "What is it going to take and now it’s gonna burn the charts", and "wipe" in the line "Singers are sweating, so pass them a wipe" is misinterpreted in the lyrics as "mic".
- A large vertical white bar can be seen on the left side of the Bilibili thumbnail.
- On the menu icon, the dancer’s hair is in a different style. This was not fixed until the remake.
- In a pKNppvsa8 talent search titled "Just Dance - Rabbids’ application to the Contest", published on YouTube by Just Dance UK, Rabbids invade the dance, knocking over the points score chart and removing the dancer from the screen. At the end of the video, the phrase "Anyone can be the new star of Just Dance - Except the Rabbids" appears.
- In the coach selection screen on the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance: Greatest Hits, the coach is flipped.
- In Just Dance 2014 and Just Dance 2016 Mashups and Party Master Modes, as well as in the remake, the pictograms are blue with red arrows instead of red with pink arrows, and the Gold Move pictogram has a glowing outline.
- A caption for U Can’t Touch This is called "Hammer Time", in a reference to the lyrics.
- In the remake, some pictograms are out of sync.
- In the Just Dance Now menu, U Can’t Touch This was mistakenly placed between Can't Take My Eyes Off You and Cercavo Amore, probably because its codename in the files is "CantTouchThis". This was later fixed.
- Along with Hot Stuff and TiK ToK, U Can’t Touch This was temporarily removed from Just Dance Now on March 26, 2015. However, they returned later that day.
Official Music Video/Audio
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|