- 1 Appearance of the Dancers
- 2 Background
- 3 Gold Moves
- 4 Appearances in Playlists
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Videos
- 8 References
- 9 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancers
The routine is performed by a trio of women in Greco-Roman fashion. They have a lime green outline.
P1 has long cyan frizzy hair, with a cyan band that contains golden circular attachments on her hair as well as a a golden circles above her band. She wears a flowing sleeveless purple toga with a diagonal cut on the lower area that leaves the lower left leg exposed. She also wears a yellow rope belt around her waist, golden bangles, and a pair of golden sandals.
P2 has a purple hair tied in a fishtail. Her laurel is designed with golden leaves that leave the front bare. She wears a yellow toga that wraps itself around the left side of her neck area, supported by a golden circular pin. The toga's lower part has open slits on both sides and the front central part of the skirt is thinner, revealing her legs as well as a pair of yellow shorts. She also wears a dark gold rope belt around her waist, golden bangles, and a pair of golden sandals.
P3 has pink hair, with two long braids in the front and the rest of her hair flowing. Her laurel is designed similar to a flower crown. She is wearing a cyan toga with an open slit on the right side. She also wears a gold rope belt around her waist, golden bangles, and a pair of golden sandals.
During the bridge, the coaches turn completely black with golden shimmering outlines in their body, hair, belts, laurels, and sandals. Their togas have their respective colors as their outlines. The coaches also have a golden outline.
The background takes place in an Ancient Greek courtyard, where it provides a view on a sea of fog as well as some structures on the side of the view. In the sky, clouds can be seen, slowly moving along, while there are islands in the farther view of the ocean. Various sparkly plants are growing and hanging around and white silk curtains are visible in some parts of the pillars. The plants also occasionally flash to the beat and rhythm of the music. The coaches are standing on top of a circular pattern, which glows to the beat to the music and its color depends on the time set.
During the night, the sky is dark and features a moon shining below. The plants are darkened and the fog color is blue. The circular pattern glow is colored blue. During the day, the sun slowly rises and the sky has orange and yellow gradient, reflecting on a sunrise. The plants become more visible, revealing their colors such as magenta, lavender, light blue and green. The ocean is replaced with an orange mist and the circular pattern glow is colored orange.
At random parts of the routine, the arch slowly splits apart as well as with the structures on the side, revealing parts for the chorus. During the chorus, large seashells appear in a window formation, with parts of it glowing pink in the song's rhythm. At the second part of the chorus, the sky slowly turns its gradient to pink, peach and lavender (similar to a sunset) and a very large seashell arises in front of the other seashells, colored black and etched with glowing light blue lines in decorative aesthetics. Parts of the seashell as well as some of its designs also flash to the beat of the music. The seashells slowly sink to the bottom before the second verse, with the large seashell sinking last. The same seashell appears before the bridge, but this time closer to the coaches and the etches have a flowing futuristic flow.
During the bridge, the large seashell is superimposed and more details of the etches can be seen. The seashell also becomes more animated and occasionally changes color to the rhythm of the music. The courtyard and the plants completely turns black, with the sky became very dark and the fog and circular pattern glow turns pink. During the second part of the bridge, glitch-like effects can be seen on the seashell, following to the beat of the song. The top parts of the arch also started to flash glowing neon lines in pink, cyan and violet to the rhythm of the music as well.
During the outro, the seashell shrinks, with the smaller seashells raising up again. The day version of the courtyard is used for the outro.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Both Gold Moves: Quickly throw your hands down before covering the right side of your face with your right hand.
Ugly Beauty (怪美的) is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance 2020
- Ancient History
- Eastern Inspirations
- Girl Power
- Girl Squad
- The more, the merrier!
Just Dance Now
- All Songs S-Z
- Come Together!
- Dance Essentials!
- Global Groove List!
- Passport In A Playlist
- Ugly Beauty (怪美的) is the first song by Jolin Tsai in the main series.
- My New Swag and Ugly Beauty (怪美的) are the first and second Chinese-language song in the main Just Dance series.
- If New World is counted for Vava’s verse, then My New Swag (我的新衣) and Ugly Beauty (怪美的) are the second and third Chinese songs in the main series.
- Ugly Beauty (怪美的) is one of three songs in Just Dance 2020 to have an English title as well as the title in its original language, along with I Am the Best (내가 제일 잘 나가) and My New Swag (我的新衣).
- However, only their respective English titles is shown on the Wii version.
- Ugly Beauty (怪美的) is the second routine with non-Gold Move pictograms that glow in different colors, after Get Lucky.
- The routine uses modified versions of some moves from the song’s official choreography.
- P1’s avatar depicts the hair as wavy instead of being frizzy.
- P3’s braids sometimes glitch to white.
- The promotional coaches show the coaches with different glove colors and slightly lighter color schemes.
- More specifically, P2’s glove is lilac instead of purple, and P3’s is rose pink instead of red.
- Early versions of the avatars are found in the files that represent behind-the-scenes versions of the coaches, with different colors for their hair and ornaments.
- On the Wii, many lines unhighlight fully or partially after being sung.
- Playing Ugly Beauty (怪美的) three times in Just Dance 2020 unlocks the Ancient Greek temple sticker from What Is Love.
- Ugly Beauty (怪美的) cannot be played on World Dance Floor in the 8th-Gen and Switch versions of Just Dance 2020, along with High Hopes.
- A woman similar to P1 appears in the background of Adore You.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|