"Waking Up In Vegas" by Katy Perry is featured on Just Dance 2014 as a code-redeemable song that can only be accessed to the NTSC region (and available as a DLC for all regions), Just Dance Now, and Just Dance Unlimited.
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman with short black hair in a bob. She wears a red star headband, a gold and magenta sequined arrow-striped halter top, blue mini shorts with dark blue tassels sticking out of the pockets, pink ankle boots, and a blue and red rhombus choker. At the beginning of the routine, she also wears a black cowboy hat which she throws away.
There are five different backgrounds seen during the routine. The first background has gold coins falling from both sides in a dark place with some small red dots. The second background has bubbles and lights, raining dust and objects, which are all combined randomly. The third background has random moving lights, signs, lines, and shapes - all of which are yellow. The fourth background is the same as the third but has a purple color scheme instead. The objects on screen move away until everything is gone. The final background has red spinning parallel lines which spin until they fade.
An early version of the background is used, which has poorer golden lining in the beginning, is brighter in color, and has more diamonds.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Lean low backwards and stretch your right hand out slowly.
Gold Move 2: Stretch your arms out quickly in a semi circle.
The Popchips Code
The code for the website is OCT3114LYD1, and the code for the song given from it is varied within console and region.
How to get Waking Up in Vegas
- Go to http://www.justdancegame.com/popchips/
- Enter the code OCT3114LYD1 (anything else also works too now)
- Select your console (Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360)
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Press "Redeem"
NOTE: This free code no longer works as of December 2014.
Waking Up in Vegas appears in the following Mashups:
Waking Up in Vegas appears in Party Master modes. Here are the captions attributed to her dance moves:
- Lose Mind
- Round Round
- Shiny Girl
- Vegas Helicopter
Appearances in Playlists
Waking Up in Vegas is featured in the following playlists:
Just Dance Now
- All Songs S-Z
- Waking Up in Vegas is the ninth song by Katy Perry in the series.
- Waking Up in Vegas was found in Just Dance 2014’s files before it was officially announced.
- The reason that a Katy Perry song was chosen for the promotion could be attributed to the fact that she is one of the endorsers for Popchips and even has her own flavor of Popchips - Katy’s Kettle Corn.
- This is the second song to require a code on Just Dance 2014, after Safe And Sound. Overall, it is the sixth song to require unlocking via a code.
- "Hungover" appears in the lyrics with a space as "hung over".
- This is fixed in Just Dance Unlimited.
- "Hell" is censored.
- Waking Up in Vegas is the second song in the series that mentions Las Vegas in the title, the first one being Viva Las Vegas.
- Even if the player has unlocked the song with the code before, the same song can still be seen and purchased in the shop.
- If the song is on the list from a code, the DLC version will be in the same "folder" as this song, as if it were an alternate routine.
- After You Make Me Feel..., this is the second song to be a code-unlockable before becoming a DLC.
- This is the cheapest non-recycled downloadable track on Just Dance 2014, costing $2.00 (the same as DLC alternates).
- However, it costs $3.00 on Xbox One and there is no Redeem Code button. On European Wii consoles, it costs 300 Wii Points.
- Whatever option you choose, the website now gives you only one code: 5JM-A4HA-CK49-WLCQ-CE33.
- Also, one can put in any code and the website will give that code.
- The avatar can be unlocked by paying 5 Mojocoins, even without unlocking the song.
- On an image showing all of the avatars that are on Just Dance 2014 (see in Gallery), there is an early avatar for the coach, which lacks her choker.
- The song’s half coach does not have the alpha layer, which causes part of the legs to be fading away. Instead, the shorts and legs seem to be cut off.
- This is also the case with Tribal Dance (With A Katana)’s half coach.
- In the DLC version on the PS3, the coach image for the dancer has a golden outline instead of a dark pink outline.
- Also, the preview video showed the dancer with a blue outline.
- Since the release of Just Dance 2017, the Just Dance Unlimited version of the routine uses a beta version of the background. 
- On an unknown date, the Just Dance Unlimited version was updated to another beta version.
- In the early versions, her outline is also thicker.
- As of an unknown date, the routine has been fixed on every game.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|