- 1 Appearance of the Dancer
- 2 Background
- 3 Sweat Mashup
- 4 Gold Moves
- 5 Appearances in Mashups
- 6 Captions
- 7 Appearances in Playlists
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Videos
- 11 References
- 12 Site Navigation
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman with hot pink poofy hair with yellow highlights. She wears a yellow dress with streaks of purple, that have a arrow-like design, the center of the skirt has purple ruffles. She also wears yellow ankle boots with purple cuffs and a pink bracelet on her left wrist. During the chorus, her dress turns teal and the streaks turn dark red. Her boots also turn teal with red cuffs, and the highlights on her hair also turn teal. She has a pink outline.
Just Dance 2015
In the coach selection image for the Mashup of Maps, she looks more realistic. Her face is slightly visible, and the streaks on her dress during the verses and bridge are slightly more reddish. She now has a blue outline.
In the remake, her face is less visible, and her hair Is now darker. Her boot cuffs during the verses and bridge are now dark blue. She keeps her blue outline and her realistic appearance from the menu assets of Maps’ Mashup. The stripes on her dress are more purple.
This section is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
Just Dance 3 (Wii)
The background seems to be a clock that reflects the sky above. In the first verse, the color of the clock is dark red and when the chorus begins, the color scheme changes to blue. There are clouds which change from pink to stormy blue and clockwork and gears in the far background. The dancer is standing on a platform which seems to be a clock.
Just Dance 3 (Xbox 360)
There is more animation in the Xbox 360 background.
Just Dance 3 (PS3)
In the PS3 version of Just Dance 3, the clock is reddish-brown in the verses and aqua in the chorus, and it does not reflect anything.
The remake uses the Wii/PS3 background, except the gears move when "tick tock" is sung, the clock in which the dancer is standing and the clouds are modified.
What You Waiting For? has an unlockable Sweat Mashup.
- Pump It
- I Was Made For Lovin' You (Sweat)
- Party Rock Anthem
- I Was Made For Lovin' You (Sweat)
- Maniac [GM]
- Pump It
- I Was Made For Loving' You (Sweat)
There are 2 Gold Moves (1 in the remake) in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Jerk your right shoulder such that it goes up and down once with your left arm down. This Gold Move is only available on Just Dance 3.
Gold Move 2/Gold Move (Remake): Straighten your body and slam your arms down whilst standing still.
There is 1 Gold Move in the Sweat Mashup:
Gold Move: Make an arc with your arms, starting from the bottom, while leaning back. (Maniac)
What You Waiting For? appears in the following Mashups:
- Beauty And A Beat
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- I Kissed a Girl
- Maps (Best of JD 3)
- Papaoutai (Ultra Violet)
- Super Bass
What You Waiting For? appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to her dance moves:
- Be Free
- Dream Doll
- No No No!
- Pull Me
- Punch 'N' Stomp
- Temper Tantrum
- Victory Step
What You Waiting For? appears in the following playlists:
Just Dance 3
- Pop! Pop!
- Rock Party
- What You Waiting For? is the first song by Gwen Stefani in the Just Dance series.
- The clean version of the song is used in the game, which censors the word "h*e".
- "Damn" has been separately censored.
- The line "Back into Japan" is misinterpreted as "Back and do Japan".
- The routine originally had different moves in the chorus and the bridge. All the other moves were the same as the final ones, but performed in slightly different ways.
- Part of this Beta routine can be still seen in the preview gameplay.
- The pictograms and lyrics in the Beta routine were not in sync, and the first pictogram was incorrect.
- In early versions of the coach’s design, the top two arrow-stripes on her dress were green instead of purple and she wore strapped stiletto heels instead of ankle boots.
- The coach still sports this look on the PAL boxart of Just Dance 3.
- The coach’s legs occasionally turn purple due to a glitch.
- There is a mistake in the menu icon in Just Dance 3: both the dancer’s bracelet and glove are shown on the right hand, in spite of the bracelet actually being on the left one.
- In Just Dance 3, if What You Waiting For? is the second, third or fourth routine in any given Solo Medley, the Gold Move sound effect will not play.
- On the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance 3, the coach’s hair occasionally glitches, as it turns purple when she bends.
- On the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance 3, the first pictograms of the routine slide much slower than the others.
- Gold Move 2 sometimes appears to have a shorter delay between the in-shine and the aftershine on Xbox 360: if the move is performed correctly, then the aftershine will appear immediately after the pictogram fades and after the in-shine finishes, but not as fast as the Wii and PS3.
- There is a pictogram on the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance 3 that does not appear on other consoles, nor in the remake. This pictogram has a thicker and rougher outline than any of the other pictograms.
- The coach makes a cameo in the background of Just Dance.
- To unlock What You Waiting For?’s avatar in Just Dance 2014, save data from at least one of its predecessors must be present. Because of this, the avatar is not obtainable on the Xbox One or PlayStation 4.
- The coach was featured in the "Guinness World Records: Gamer’s Edition 2014" along with a scene from Kiss You under Dance.
- The coach has a blue outline in the coach selection image for Maps (Mashup) and in the one for the remake; in the square for the latter, however, the outline color is still pink, like in the original one.
- Despite the fact that the menu icon for What You Waiting For? appears in the teaser for Just Dance Unlimited, the routine is currently not available for the service.
- Additionally, the square in the teaser is actually the one from Just Dance 3.
- In four pictograms in the remake, the back of the arrow blends with the torso.
- Additonally, the part of the body that blends with the arrow is in a lighter shade.
- What You Waiting For? (Sweat Mashup) is the first unlockable Sweat Mashup in Just Dance 3.
- What You Waiting For? (Sweat Mashup), along with Take On Me (Mashup) and Jump (For My Love) (Sweat Mashup), holds the record for the fewest unique dancers, with 5.
- Party Rock Anthem’s pictograms are orange instead of light blue, Maniac’s pictograms are reddish instead of purple, and Skin-To-Skin’s pictograms are in a different shade of green.
- Additionally, the pictogram after the Gold Move appears seven beats late on Xbox 360 versions of the game.
- The preview on Xbox 360 starts at the very beginning, as opposed to the Classic routine.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|